The Trenton Curtis Staff Team engages through many digital platforms, including social media. “Social Media” includes digital technology that facilitates and promotes interactive communication, participation and collaboration. Platforms include (but are not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, Nextdoor, and other digital platforms facilitating user engagement. Any digital media facilitating or providing a platform for public discourse is classified as social media.
Content Moderation Guidelines
All Official Trenton Curtis social media platforms constitute moderated online discussion sites, not public forums. All comments made to Trenton Curtis’s social media are reviewed by the Social media Team members. You agree to comply with all of the Trenton Curtis Content team Moderation Guidelines with regard to any content that you post or share on our sites. You also agree that your activities on our sites will not violate any applicable law or regulation. Any unauthorized use of our sites or misuse of any information posted to a site is strictly prohibited.
By using an official Trenton Curtis social media site, you represent that:
• You are at least 13 years old; or
• You are younger than 13 years old and you are using the applicable social media site with the knowledge and consent of your parent or legal guardian.
You are prohibited from posting any information or content relating to any third person under the age of 13 years old without appropriate permission from the parent or legal guardian.
The content provided in our social media sites is owned by The Trenton Curtis Media Broadcasting Publications, unless otherwise indicated. The Trenton Curtis team reserves all rights relating to the official Trenton Curtis social media sites, including but not limited to:
• Adding, removing or modifying any content;
• Monitoring, prohibiting, restricting, blocking, suspending, terminating, deleting, or discontinuing your access to any official Trenton Curtis social media site;
• Removing, deleting, blocking, filtering or restricting, by any means, any materials you post; and
• Disclosing your communications and activities with City of Dickson Government, including in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities.
You agree that in the event that the Trenton Curtis team exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Trenton Curtis will have no liability to you. All content posted to Trenton Curtis social media sites, including, but not limited to, comments and photographs, may be used by Trenton Curtis without limitations. By posting such content to the official Trenton Curtis social media pages, you further warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant such right of use to Trenton Curtis and agree to indemnify Trenton Curtis and hold Trenton Curtis not responsible from any claim of infringement arising from use of same by TC.
A contribution may be removed if it violates one or more of the removal considerations described below:
• Content that is fraudulent, libelous, harassing, embarrassing, sexually explicit, profane, obscene, intimidating, defamatory or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
• Content that promotes or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, gender, color religion, age, national origin, disability, creed, gender identity, or sexual orientation;
• Content that targets any ethnic, racial, age or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity or disability status;
• Proprietary or confidential information (e.g. HIPPA protected information);
• Content that potentially infringes upon any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, brand names, trade names, logos, copyrights or trade secrets of any person, business or place;
• Advertising or solicitation;
• Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, Trenton Curtis Media Broadcasting Publications employees, or those in care of Trenton Curtis;
• Content that endorses illegal behavior or activity that violates any law or regulation;
• Content deemed to be off-topic or to disrupt the purposes of the site, its followers, and its sense of community and acceptance;
• Content posted by fake, impersonated or anonymous users;
• Content posted in an attempt to transmit any material (by any means) that contains malware; and
• Links to external content that might violate the above stipulations.
The list above is not exhaustive and any comments that Social Media Team members deem inappropriate shall be removed. If multiple incidences occur, the Social media Team may determine it necessary to block the user from the account. These rules apply to any and all interaction with social media accounts, including but not limited to comments, replies, messages, and tagging of accounts.
Trenton Curtis’s Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
Trenton Curtis will not accept or consider unsolicited ideas submitted via social media sites, including ideas for new or improved processes or technologies, campaigns, promotions, etc. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when any Trenton Curtis effort might seem similar to ideas submitted to the Trenton Curtis Team. If, despite our request not to send us your ideas, you still do, then regardless of what your communication states, the following terms shall apply to your idea submission:
You agree that:
• Your ideas are your own and you have the right to give them to the Trenton Curtis Team
• Your ideas will automatically become the property of Trenton Curtis Team, without compensation to you
• The Trenton Curtis Team can use the ideas for any purpose and in any way; and
• Any information you provide will be considered non-confidential.
While members of the Social Media Team will strive to respond to user questions within a reasonable time frame, social media should not replace formal protocol for requesting service.
Social media platforms may not be monitored in real-time. Social media platforms should not be used for emergency communications requiring immediate response.
Communications made through messaging systems within social media channels will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or communication to Trenton Curtis (or any official or employee of Trenton Curtis) for any purpose. For example, a post, comment, Tweet, or Facebook message which asks Trenton Curtis to provide public records will not be considered a public records request until it is sent through more traditional channels of communication such as mail, email, telephone or in-person request. Unless otherwise specified by the relevant Department, inquiries specific to a Trenton Curtis project, program, service or decision should likewise be submitted directly to staff members of the appropriate Department by mail, email, telephone or in person.
Statements, comments, views and opinions included in comment responses are strictly those of their authors and may not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Trenton Curtis.
Please keep in mind that the Trenton Curtis Team does not create, control, represent or endorse any opinions or statements expressed by others within its social media sites, including those that follow or “like” Trenton Curtis social media sites and those followed or “liked” by Trenton Curtis and that any content posted by anyone other than Trenton Curtis is the responsibility of the submitter and not the Trenton Curtis Team.
Privacy & Security
The Trenton Curtis team follows its Privacy and Security policy in regard to information collected via social media. Keep in mind if sharing personal information, that all correspondence via public post and private messages may be recorded and available for public reference. Refer to Public Records Policy and Procedures for additional information regarding Trenton Curtis social media records retention procedures and protocol for request
Links posted in user comments are not verified by the Trenton Curtis Staff Team and users shall use discretion when clicking on unverified content. The Trenton Curtis Team cannot attest to the security of any sites visited via external user-generated links. The inclusion of any link does not imply to Trenton Curtis’s sponsorship, endorsement, affiliation, or approval of the clicked website. In the event you discover problems with or have concerns regarding the format, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of a linked external website, please contact the organization responsible for that website or email email@example.com
You expressly acknowledge that there are risks inherent in sending content over the internet and that you are responsible for any and all liabilities or losses relating to security, privacy, and confidentiality.
With respect to content collected through our sites, The Trenton Curtis Team follows the applicable privacy policies of the third-party hosts of our sites, to the extent permitted by law.
The materials on Trenton Curtis’s social media sites are provided “as is.” The Trenton Curtis team makes no warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Trenton Curtis Team does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its social media sites or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to these sites. Trenton Curtis is not responsible for any content posted by users, including posts made by employees or agents who are not authorized administrators of our official Trenton Curtis social media sites.
Limitation on Liability
By accessing this website, you agree that in no event shall Trenton Curtis nor Staff Team be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, arising out of the use of the Official Trenton Curtis website, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage.
Disputes and Jurisdiction
Site Modification or Termination
The Trenton Curtis Team may modify the features, content and functionality of its sites, or terminate entirely any of its sites, at any time without prior notice or liability to you. Modification or termination of these terms will not affect, or result in the termination or modification, of any other existing agreements you may have with Trenton Curtis Team.